Saturday, September 8, 2012

MLG Raleigh or Bust!

 The summer has come and gone, and with the turning of the best season, we find ourselves looking at new MLG Champions! Did you guys SEE MLG Raleigh!? It was insane! Some crazy battles in Starcraft 2 and one of the most upsetting League of Legends finals in history, where to begin!?






Top SC2 Plays
1st Place - $25,000 - Leenock
2nd Place - $15,000 - First
3rd/4th Place - $7,250 - Taeja, TheSTC
5th/6th Place - $3,500 - Hero, Violet
7th/8th Place - $2,250 - Revival, Heart


3rd and 4th Place teams, Dynamic and Orbit! (Collusion-Read Below)

Soul Caliber V
1st Place- Xephukai
2nd Place- RamonTSF
3rd/4th Place- Keev, LoloMX
5th/6th Place - LostProvidence, Hawkeye
7th/8th Place- Something-Unique, BelialRus

Mortal Kombat 
1st Place- $6,000, OBS_EMP_REO
2nd, Place - $3,600, CDjr
3rd/4th Place - $2,000, VSM_Maxter,  pig_of_the_hut
5th/6th Place - $1,000,  EMP perfectlegend, KH_Showtime
7th/8th Place - $550,  FR_ClintTheBEAST,  GGA16bit


I'll tell you where. In my bed, with a migraine all of FRIDAY! My head pretty much sucked the big one at this tournament. Not exactly sure what even caused the migraine, but it took quite awhile to get rid of it. 

Saturday, it's finally gone, well not entirely, but pretty much. I pick up where GameSpot left off. Watching the big matches (Curse vs MME was my favorite to spectate), interviewing pro players, and just chilling with some of my biggest fans consumed my day 2, well technically day 1 :) Here are some of the videos and pictures from Saturday at MLG Raleigh. 





 

Now, as far as Sunday goes, I couldn't tell you much more than you already know. I see Sunday as my worst MLG Sunday ever! I woke up feeling sick again, head pounding, nausea, the usual I guess...Putting my foot down and telling myself I can do my job with a migraine was a big mistake. I made it through about 4 hours of 1 League of Legends match and the pain finally subdued me. Just picture me running back to my hotel room...for the next 6 hours in the dark...sucks the big one, I know! And just to think, the one MLG Sunday I've ever missed was the most controversial day in MLG history. As I'm sure you've all heard about Team Curse & Dignitas Collusion accusations.... well if you didn't here's the MLG Press Release! 



Needless to say, they have all apologized! Team Curse's Elementz talks to Tsquared about the ARAM - 

 
Here's a link to Team Dignitas's official statement: Link - CLICK IT!

All in all, after everything that has been said, lessons learned. No fooling around at MLG, or any other tournament. It's their rules, not yours. And for my non LoL fans out there, an ARAM (all random all middle) could be compared to playing Call of Duty professionally w/ Killstreaks on. Messed up right? Not in the slightest competitive? Skill-gap gone? Correct! 

Well thanks much for reading and for the moral support throughout this rough weekend! Saturday was pretty fun, but everything just sorta crumbled to the ground when I arrived with a headache. Almost went to the hospital, but it's done. .over. . 

For more videos, photos, and news, ALWAYS head over to GameSpot.com/esports 

And don't forget to follow me around on my social media channels: 










No comments:

Post a Comment